Friday, December 05, 2008

Sad day here at Dairy Farm


it is another sad day with the loss of our old kitty. Sedona started to vomit a bit yesterday and was acting a bit sluggish, but she ate well and was drinking well. She also got in her almost hourly spat with the dog. We thought about taking her to the vet but thought that there would be little the vet could do and if she was still sick we would take her down today. As I went to bed lastnight, I think I knew she was going to pass in the night. I wish I could have kissed her one more time.

Well, I was right, we did have to take her down to say a final goodbye and have her cremated by the vet. Sedona died in the night, we hope in her sleep. If not we believe of probably heart failure. She was 14.5 years old and we had her from mid August of 1994. While this was not as tragic as our loss of Christmas the cat back in October, we still have an empty spot in the house without her.

The hardest part of pet ownership is saying goodbye.

RIP Sedona, I know you are with JD and Christmas that went before you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hugs

Edleen said...

oh no... *hugs*

Jennie (Jenn) said...

hugs to you...

Melissa said...

I'm so sorry. We lost our cat Pepper this past October. We had her for 12 years, so I can understand very well your feelings of loss.

 
Who links to me?