Thursday, April 09, 2009

Peace

i just saw shocking images tragic and sad pictures on TV from the return of a fallen soldier to Dover Airforce base in 18 years. Showing a coffin draped with a flag, images of a man who died in a war. For over 18 years we have been sheltered from these images, but we have seen pictures of maimed children, dead "terrorists" and broken people. But we could not be allowed to grieve? I saw these images and I cried. I cried for his wife, I cried for his parents and I cried for a world where Wars are still part of our vocabulary.

I was glad however to see these images to see that we need to remind ourselves that war results in people dying and coming home in a pine box. We need to be reminded of the lives that are wasted. We need to see that the only answer is Peace. And I need to be more personally active in promoting peace in all respects. A very good reminder indeed.

No comments:

 
Who links to me?