Summer is rapidly approaching and the best news is my sister and her family are coming to visit. While here we plan on doing all of the touristy things Singapore has to offer. We can hit the zoo, the night safari. Maybe the bird park, and of course a trip or two to Sentosa.
We plan on either jumping off the island and going to Malaysia or Thailand for a few days, but otherwise it is a summer stay-cation. Last year we enrolled Declan in Summer School and Kiera was still at the pre-school, but this year we are a bit more cash strapped and plan on doing sort of a summerschool at home. Jeff will be working from home/freelancing so I figured I could work up a bunch of day trips that were fun and educational for the kids. And free or low cost is a key goal.
So, these are the top ideas I have had so far.
1. Singapore Art Museum
3. ACM-Peranakan Museum
4. Science/Discovery Center
5. Zoo (with a view towards picking a geographical location) and visiting that section more thoroughly.
6. Forest Adventure Park for some treetop walks
7. Sungei Buloh Nature Park for some nature walks.
8. Changi Village and Palau Ubin for some bike rides/fishing?
9. Toy (MINT) Museum
10. The National Library
11. Ford Factory Museum/Changi Chapel and Museum to learn about the war
12. Bukit Timah Hill
13. Visit Little India
14. Visit China Town
15. Visit the Malay Village at Geylang Serai.
I am sure there are hundreds of more ideas and there will be plenty of pool time, beach time and just ice cream eating summer days, but I want the kids to try to get a bit of local flavor and a few educational opportunities this summer. Let's see how it turns out!