Friday, March 18, 2005

Love this quote

"To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury; and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable; and wealthy, not rich; to study hard, think quietly, talk gently, act frankly; to listen to stars and birds, to babes and sages, with open heart; to bear all cheerfully, do all bravely, await occasion, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious grow up through the common. This is to be my symphony." [ William Henry Channing ]

I just read this on Ali Edwards blog (by the way if you are into scrapbooking her stuff rocks!)

Anyway, it was great to read her stuff. I did not realize her son Simon is autistic. We struggle with Declan so much and wonder where he is on the Autism spectrum... he is making great strides by the way and I think we are going to put him back into therapy, but his teachers all comment on what great improvments he has made lately.


Back to being content. I am not content now. I want a new job, I want my husband to be happy. I want my children to be well and healthy. This is really a big struggle of mine. I think the quote is going straight to the printer and up on the wall.

Simply

K

No comments:

 
Who links to me?