Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving Dinner and 7 Things

I am late this week in getting my seven things out the door, I was dealing with heavy work schedules, canceled trips and sick kids.

First, a bad day for the budget when unexpectedly my trip to Phuket was cancelled. My girlfriend Jenn was very very ill and could not meet me there and everyone else (Jeff couldn't come because of work and my back up date also backed out) had already canceled. Did not seem right to fly to a vacation spot all by my self. So, we lost the airfare and one night hotel fee. Sucks to throw away that money. But, that is what you get by flying super cheap budget airlines and staying in hotels booked online. If your trip gets cancelled, you pay the fees.

So, I am going to work today part day and then take tomorrow off to work on the Book and finish the Chipboard designs for FFC.

So our Thanksgiving day dinner was last night and we invited a family over to celebrate with us. We had a great time and I cooked two new dishes-recipes to follow because they were both fabulous. Jeff did the turkey on the grill and it was awesome, we under estimated the size of the bird and have LOTS of leftovers this year (our normal method is to invite lots of people over, this year it was only one family). But we had a great time, had lots of great food and will have a great turkey carcass to make soup, then stock and then lots and lots of lunches for the next few weeks.

So, this years menu was

1. BBQ Turkey. Jeff takes fresh herbs and mixes them with butter and lets the butter harden in the fridge for a couple of hours. Right before popping the bird (unstuffed) on the BBQ he stretches the skin of the bird and stuffs the skin with the butter herb mix. As the bird cooks the butter infuses right into the meat. Yummy!

2. Mashed Potatoes.

3. Baked Butternut Squash. (Recipe to follow)

4. Wild Rice Stuffing (Recipe to follow)

5. Green Salad

7. Pumpkin pie

8. Apple Pie

9. Cranberry Sauce

10. Wine and Milk/water/juice for kids.

A good meal was had by all!

No comments:

 
Who links to me?