Friday, June 06, 2008

The Queen of the Multi Task

I am very very good at multi-tasking. Too good, but often that is really really bad. I get projects started and 95% done and then I move onto something else and find it hard to get back to the project I started with.

(<---a photo organizing project I started 2 months ago, still not done)












I am sure I was an attention deficit type of kid, before that became a label and a prescription for drugs. I don't always think that is a bad thing. My short attention span has worked well for me and I have learned to work well with it. I have tons of things that interest me, I am very rarely "bored" in terms of needing something to do as I can find something to spark my interest and I love learning new things. BUT...


(<----reading blogs in the morning)
I am often bored. I don't want to finish X because the new thing Y is much more appealing. Just take a look at my Good Reads "currently reading" shelf. yes, I consider all of these books currently reading as I pick one up, read a few pages and then move onto something else.










What I often crave is the ability to be with the moment to be able to focus all of my attention on one thing fully and completely without distraction to be able to finish a project with my whole heart and mind, to be able to give my attention to my family fully and wholly without thinking about the business, work or the blackberry buzzing in my pocket.

I crave moments of absolute clarity and attention. It is something worth working on and towards.

No comments:

 
Who links to me?