Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Attention

I find that I am so adept, or perhaps not so, at multi-tasking, I find it hard to give my full attention to any single matter. This is a big deal and a big confession. I find I sit on conference calls, not paying attention. I play with my website, I look at blogs, I am not fully present when I work. Now, for many people, that is not a problem, but if you are an attorney by trade, that could put you into the soup for sure.

I guess I was reading the Simple Living Guide, by Janet Luhrs, and this topic hit home. She talks about time, but the attention part grabbed me and shook me up.

I work 60 hour weeks on my 9-5 job. I work from home. I ReALLY want to build a business... I LOVE my children and want to spend REAL time with them, not time focused on other things or resentful that they are fussy. I want to live a life filled with love and hope for better things with my spouse of 10 years.

THIS WEEK... I will make the first step. DO ONE THING AT A TIME. I will not surf while on the phone. I will not type emails while reviewing a contract. Each thing I do will be the ONLY thing I do at a time.

I am not sure how well this is going to work, but lets see...

Simply

k

No comments:

 
Who links to me?