Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Beauty- In the home

Four posts-in a week. Wow... almost an all time record.

So, a few thoughts about making my home beautiful (Wednesday I am now calling Beauty Day)- on a budget (or being frugal if you prefer) and being green. I am currently working on a project for my daughter's grade 1 contribution to the Singapore American School County Fair (an annual fundraiser for the school). I was looking through one of my favorite magazines Somerset Life- Oh yeah, not so frugal the purchase of these magazines, but I digress I happened across some of Mindy Carpenter's art work. Mindy created some amazing collages using papers and ephemera she has collected and stored in her studio. I thought what a great idea for getting some of the kids' school stuff off the kitchen table and somewhere we can appreciate it. Along came the idea of creating a canvas for the whole class. The canvas will be 36X40 inches and will contain bits and bobs of the kids work.

By way of a sample and to hang on my kids' wall next week, here is the first collage I did using some of the school work they have done this year. This was a fun, fast project and one that I will be doing more of (maybe with some of the collected ephemera from my trips around the world!)


No comments:

 
Who links to me?